I didn’t make much progress during the first half of the year on many of my WIP’s. This was mainly due to a decision to hand embroider my Small World Quilt. Many, many hours have been expended on this one little quilt, to the detriment of my other projects.
So, my aim for the next quarter is to move things along a bit, only embroidering in the evenings.
- The Gypsy Wife #2. This quilt only needs binding, though that hasn’t stopped me from ignoring it for months. Must finish!
- Finish the Small World Quilt. It might be pushing it, but if it turns out okay, I would like to include it in our Celebration of Quilts, which I think is around the end of September. Maybe I can stitch faster with a deadline?
- Quilt this little charity quilt for a friend. The quilt was gifted to a local prayer quilt group, and has been sitting around waiting to be quilted for a couple of years. Now of course it’s sitting in my pile, while I try and figure out how to best quilt it. Just a peek, since I don’t know who the recipient will be.
- Another quilt for friends of Daughter #2, using as many strips as possible from my scrap basket. So far I have made ten 12 1/2 inch blocks, and am pushing for a round dozen. More on this one later.
- A pile of pansy squares leftover from another quilt.
- A tinker bell block which I inherited from Daughter #2. It will make a nice quilt for a little girl. Just need some inspiration.
- Gypsy Wife #3. I have abandoned the thought of making a third quilt, so will cut my losses and do something with the blocks.
So that’s my list. Short, and maybe achievable if I stay focussed.